Is my message from coeo Incasso real?
Because of the fact that multiple fake messages circulated in the past, we understand consumers wonder if the message they received from coeo Incasso is real. What to do if you doubt the authenticity of the message you received? We recommend you to contact coeo Incasso.
This way you can check whether your message from coeo Incasso is genuine.
It could occur that you received a letter, email or SMS from coeo Incasso. The reason you received a reminder is because you probably have not settled an invoice with a company that deployed coeo Incasso to collect this unsettled invoice. To make sure you received a real message from us, we would like to explain what it looks like from the outside.
How do I recognize a real email from coeo Incasso?
How do I recognize a suspicious email?
A lot of fraud attempts start with a fake email. That is why it is important to be able to distinguish real emails from fake ones. Fraud Helpdesk’s email indicator can help you with this.
Clarity about an email with 7 questions:
- Does the email have a personal preamble?
- Does the email seem to be written flawlessly?
- Are you a customer of the aforementioned company?
- Was the mail sent from an email of the company itself? (In our case: @coeo-incasso.be)
- Is the tone of voice of the email friendly and do you get sufficient time to respond?
- Does the email refer to a reliable website? (Hover your mouse over the link without clicking. Do you work with a tablet? Please hold the link a little longer)
- What does your gut tell you? Is the email real?
Is the answer to all questions yes? This email is probably real.
Is the answer to one of the questions no? This email is probably fake. If you believe to have received a fake email, please inform us as soon as possible. For help with other resources and what you can do, please visit Safeonweb.be.
Source: Fraude Helpdesk
What do coeo Incasso's text messages look like?
An original text message from coeo Incasso always contains your file number. We also end the message with a secured ‘shortlink’ https://coeo.fyi/(code), at which coeo Incasso’s logo is visible. The latter can depend on the display settings on your phone.
Are you not sure?
Do you doubt the authenticity of the message you received? We recommend you to contact coeo Incasso via 03 808 68 72. Furthermore, you can also read the ECC Belgium (European Consumer Centre Belgium) tips or check the shortlink via checkjelinkje.nl without visiting the underlying page.